This blog is about books, eBooks , my memories .

Monday, December 15, 2014

A HEAVENLY Spot, I Like Farms




سلام ،
از آخرین روزهای پاییز لذت می برید ؟
-----------------------------------------
Do you want to know something? I have three pairs of kid gloves. I've had kid mittens before from the Christmas tree, but never real kid gloves with five fingers. I take them out and try them on every little while. It's all I can do not wear them to classes.
( Dinner bell. Goodbye.)
​​



Friday

What do you think, Daddy? The English instructor said that my last paper shows an unusual amount of originality. She did, truly. Those were her words. It doesn't seem possible, does it, considering the eighteen years of training that I've had? The aim of the John Griper Home( as you doubtless know and heartily approve of ) is to turn the ninety-seven orphans into ninety-seven twins.

The unusual artistic ability which I exhibit was developed at an early age through drawing chalk pictures of Mrs. Lippett on the woodshed door.


I hope that I don't hurt your feelings when I criticize the home of my youth? But you have the upper had, you know, for if I become too impertinent, you can always stop
​​
payment of your cheques. That isn't a very polite thing to say--but you can't expect me to have any manners; a foundling asylum isn't a young ladies' finishing school.


اسم
mittens دستکش یک جا برای 4 انگشت و یک جا برای شست
youth جوانی ، جوان ، جوانان
​woodshed انبار هیزم ، هیزم دان​
​ impertinent خیره چشم ​
cheque [Brit] حواله ، برات ، چک
-----------------------------------------
صفت ​ ​
impertinent گستاخ، بی ربط، بی شرمانه

-------------------------------------------------------
​فعل​

to approve تصویب کردن ، موافقت کردن با، طرفداری کردن
to exhibit نمایش دادن ، در معرض نمایش گذاشتن ، ارائه کردن
to criticize نقد ادبی  کردن ، عیب جویی کردن ، انتقاد کردن



یک خبر دیگر هم دارم که اگر مایل باشید بدانید این است. من سه جفت دستکش چرمی خریده ام. من از آن دستکش هایی که پنج انگشته نیست و بچه ها دست می کنند پیش از این داشته ام. آنرا از درخت عید نوئل گرفته ام . اما دستکش درست و حسابی تا حالا نداشته ام.

نیم ساعت به نیم ساعت آنرا از کشوی میزم بیرون می آورم و آنرا به دست می کنم.
خیلی جلوی خودم را گرفتم تا آنرا سر کلاس دستم نکنم. ( زنگ شام  خدانگهدار)


جمعه

چی فکر می کنید بابا؟ استاد انگلیسی به من گفت که آخرین انشا من عالی و بی نظیر بوده است. باور کنید عین جمله ی او این بود : عالی و بی نظیر. با آن تعلیم و تربیتی  که من در طول هجده سال داشته ام باید خیلی عجیب باشد مگر نه؟

هدف پرورشگاه جان گریر بطوریکه استحضار دارید و با آن موافق هم هستید ، این بود که 97 یتیم بی پدر و مادر را بصورت 97 بچه ی یکسان و یکجور پرورش دهند ، بی اراده ، بی ابتکار.


استعداد نبوغ آمیز من در زمینه ی نقاشی از آن لحظه ای شکوفان شد که شروع کردم به نقاشی کردن عکس خانم لیپت روی درها، آنهم با گچ
امیدوارم اگر دارم به نوانخانه دوران طفولیت خودم خرده گیری می کنم ، شما ناراحت نشوید . اگر احساس می کنید دارم اهانت می کنم ، شما بدون تأمل چک ماهانه مرا نفرستید. البته خب این بی ادبی است، اما به هر حال نباید از کسی که در گداخانه بزرگ می شود ، انتظار ادب و تربیت درست و حسابی را داشت.

-------------------------------------------------------

9 ژوئن

بابا لنگ دراز عزیز

روز خوشی است. همین حالا آخرین امتحانم که امتحان فیزیولوژی بود، تمام شد. حالا سه ماه تعطیلی در ییلاق در پیش دارم. من درست نمی دانم ییلاق چطور چیزی است. تاکنون ییلاق ندیده ام یعنی نرفته ام. ( گاهی از پشت شیشه اتومبیل دیده ام ). اما اطمینان دارم از ییلاق از پرورشگاه جان گریر عادت نکرده ام.

هر وقت حس می کنم که دیگر آنجا نیستم خیلی خوش حال می شوم. احساس می کنم دوست دارم بدوم. خیلی تند، خیلی سریعتر ، گاهی هم به پشت سرم نگاه کنم. می خواهم نگاه کنم که آیا خانم لیپت دستش به طرف من دراز است تا مرا باز بگیرد و با خودش ببرد یا نه؟

دستورات شما هرگز مرا ناراحت نخواهد کرد. چون فاصله میان ما زیادتر از آن است که شما مرا ناراحت کنید. خانم لیپت هم برای همیشه از یاد رفته و خانواده ی سمپل هم که در ییلاق هستند کاری به آداب و رفتار و اخلاق من ندارند، مگر نه؟ من اطمینان دارم.

من حالا دیگر بزرگ شده ام ... هورا ...
همین جا نامه را تمام می کنم چون باید یک چمدان و سه جعبه توری و کتری و بشقاب و کتاب و از این چیزها جمع آوری کنم.

دوستدار همیشگی شما
جودی

( پیوست نامه)
امتحان فیزیولوژی من خوب شد، آیا شما می توانستید به این خوبی امتحان بدهید؟

---------------

LOCK WILLOW FARM,                   Saturday night
Dearest Daddy-Long-Legs,


I've only just come and I'm not unpacked, but I can't wait to tell you how much I like farms. This is a heavenly, heavenly, HEAVENLY spot!
​​

The house is square like this: And OLD. A hundred years or so. It has a veranda on the side which I can't draw and sweet porch in front. The picture really doesn't do it justice--those things that look like feather dusters are maple trees, and the prickly ones that border the drive are murmuring pines and hemlocks. It stands on the top of a hill and looks way off over miles of green meadows to another line of hills.

This is the way Connecticut goes, in a series of Marcelle waves; and Lock Willow Farm is just on the crest of one wave. The barns used to be across the road where they obstructed the view, but a kind flash of lightning came from heaven and burnt them down.

The people are Mr. and Mrs. Semple and hired girl and two hired men. The hired people eat in the kitchen, and Semples and Judy in the dinning-room. We had ham and eggs and biscuits and honey and jelly-cake and pie and pickles and cheese and tea for supper-- and a great deal of conversation. I have never been so entertaining in my life; everything I say appears to be funny. I suppose it is, because I've never been in the country before, and my questions are backed by an all-inclusive ignorance.

The room marked with a cross is not where the murder was committed, but the one that I occupy. It's big and square and empty, with adorable old-fashioned furniture and windows that have to be propped up on sticks and green shades trimmed with gold that fall down if you touch them. And a big square mahogany table-- I'm going to spend the summer with my elbows spread out on it, writing a novel.

Oh, Daddy, I'm so excited! I can't wail till daylight to explore. It's 8.30 now, and I am about to blow out my candle and try to go to sleep.  We rise at five. Did you ever know such fun? I can't believe this is really Judy. You and the Good Lord give me more than I deserve. I must be a very, very, VERY good person to pay. I'm going to be.

You'll see.
 Good night, Judy

PS. You should hear the frogs sing and the little pigs squeal and you should see the new moon! I saw it over my right shoulder.




M.T

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Recent Posts

My Blog List

Blog Archive

Powered by Blogger.

Text Widget

Copyright © iIslandbooks | Powered by Blogger

Design by Anders Noren | Blogger Theme by NewBloggerThemes.com