This blog is about books, eBooks , my memories .

Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Thanks,Mom




Dear Parmis

Today is not mother's Day, but it is a special day for my mother. She is a lovely and amazing woman that I've seen until now. I like to write about her, but I know she don't like to talk about her. She is really patient, calm and kind like a spring. We Love her.

So I want to thank my mother for her kindness only with this book (Thanks, Mom!).

A few months ago, I active Google alert (e-book), so I always receive all news about e-books. In this way I find many e-books
every day. For example, last month I found this e-book by Google alert.
This is an interesting e-book about remembering moms and special story about moms, I enjoyed it.

The author has said: "This collection is a delightful offering of memories and tales of love, courage and sacrifice told by daughters, sons and mothers, some are funny, some are poignantly touching…
 
We hope you will enjoy the snapshots of life and love our readers share in this book, and so do I.

Happy Birthday's Mom
I hope your dream come true.


Best Wishes
M.T



Lessons from my mother

My mother, at the age of 87, has provided an endless supply of love and compassion for our great big family of nine children, several grandchildren and numerous great-grandchildren.

She really is an incredible role mode. I often reflect upon her philosophies and actions, and when in difficult situations, ask myself, "What would mom do?"

In honor of Mother's Day 2013, here is a sampling of important lessons in life, taught to me by my sweet, precious mother.

  • Lesson 1. Eat less and do more. Her words of wisdom include:" That's enough, you won't eat half of that." "Get off your backside and go outside!"
On one recent occasion, she decided to hop on our bathroom scales.
"117 lbs. Yup, just the same."
"The same as what?" I inquired .
"The same as my wedding day."
"You weight the same as what you did 65 years ago?"
"Yes, why shouldn't I?"

  • Lesson 2. Learning is life-long. When my loving father passed away, mom realized she needed transportation. She did what any 60 year old would do—sign up for driver's education at the local high school. Later in life she joined the church choir to enhance her singing abilities, and started piano lessons at the age of 80.

  • Lesson 3. Be nice to everyone. My mother has an incredibly magnetic personality. Wherever she goes, she meets people of all ages and walks of life, and engages with them to such a degree that they become life-long friends. Her door is always open and she has a constant flow of visitors. "It doesn't cost anything to be nice."

  • Lesson 4. People, not things, are important. Mom is not impressed by material wealth, but she is the riches person I know. I don't think she owns many precious jewels other than her wedding bands and the wedding band of my lovely sister Camille who died of cancer at a young age. If she did come across something of "value", it would end up in someone Else's possession, someone who "needed it more than her."

As Christmas approached last year, my eldest sister asked me," What are you getting for mom?" What can we give her that she won't give away?"

Perhaps that is the best line to sum up my mom's lessons on life.

Audrey Natale, Brooklyn
                                               
                                                                             
                                                                                      
                                                                       
   
                                                                                                                                                
                                                                                                                                                         
                                                                                        
                                                                        MAM
Thanks,Mom
Judi Bobbitt, Copy Editor
http://www.Durhamregion.com


Mahatma Gandhi said," Love is the strongest force the world possesses and yet it is the humblest imaginable."

There is no discussing, mothers without discussing love.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Recent Posts

My Blog List

Blog Archive

Powered by Blogger.

Text Widget

Copyright © iIslandbooks | Powered by Blogger

Design by Anders Noren | Blogger Theme by NewBloggerThemes.com